Call Me Instead gives you another way to verify your phone number. Please use this option if you aren't able to receive the phone number verification code via text message.
When you tap Call Me Instead, you will receive an automated phone call that gives you a six-digit verification code. You can finish the verification process by entering that code into the LINE app.
If you can't receive text messages, try selecting Call me instead to verify your account.
Note: The Call me instead option is only available in some countries.
If you can't receive text messages or use the Call me instead option, there is unfortunately no other way to create a LINE account.
You need a device that can receive text messages or phone calls to create a new LINE account.
To create a new account:
1. Open LINE and tap Sign up.
3. Enter the verification code you received via text message.
- On some devices, the verification code is entered automatically. In this case, please skip to step 4.
- If you see a message that says "Welcome back, XXXX!" after entering the verification code, tap No, that's not me.
4. Tap No, create a new account.
5. Enter a name, set a profile photo, and tap the arrow.
6. Create a password and tap the arrow.
7. Choose whether to add friends from your device's contacts, then tap the arrow.
8. Choose whether to verify your age.
Note: If you're using LINE version 9.10.0 or later and have already verified your age, this screen will not appear.
9. Confirm the "Regarding Usage of Your Information" consent screen.
If you see someone else's name after verifying your phone number, see this Help article.
To verify your phone number, your device needs to be able to receive text messages or phone calls.
Note: Even if your device meets these requirements, LINE accounts cannot be created or transferred with a virtual phone number.
If you can't create or transfer an account with your preferred phone number, use a different phone number that is provided by a mobile service provider.
Important: If you verify a phone number that is already registered to another LINE account, that account will be deleted.
New LINE accounts can no longer be created by verifying a Facebook account as of April 13, 2020.
The only way to create a new LINE account is by verifying your phone number (via text message).
You can still use a linked Facebook account as a verification method when transferring your LINE account.
When transferring your account to a new device, please keep your old device on hand because you will need the verification code sent to it. To ensure your account is transferred safely, you must register your phone number, password, and email address beforehand.
For details, see this Help article.