You can add friends on LINE for PC using one of the methods below.
To add friends using LINE ID/phone number searches:
1. Click the Add friends icon > Search for friends.
2. Choose ID or Phone number.
3. Enter the LINE ID or phone number of the person you want to add in the search field, then press Enter.
4. Click Add.
- If the person you want to add has turned OFF the Allow others to add me by ID setting on the smartphone version of their LINE account, they will not appear in ID search results.
- The friend you want to add will not appear in phone number search results if they have turned OFF the Allow others to add me setting in LINE.
To add friends from your Friend recommendations:
1. Click the Add friends icon.
2. In the Friend recommendations list, click Add as friend next to the person you want to add.
To add friends using a QR code:
1. Right-click the QR code image in a chat.
2. Click Scan QR code.
3. Click Add.
You can also scan QR codes by:
• Clicking "-" (the Scan QR code icon) under a QR code image you open from a chat.
• Clicking the screenshot button, selecting a QR code, and then clicking "-" (the Scan QR code icon).
QR codes can also be shared via email from the smartphone version of LINE by tapping Add friends > Invite.
Note: You cannot display your own QR code on LINE for PC.
For more information about sharing QR codes, see the Help articles below.