1. At the registration screen, when users select OK at the “Your Address Book will be sent to LINE’s server” dialogue.
2. When the Auto Add Friends function is switched ON in Settings or when users push the circular icon next to the Last Auto Add dialogue, and then select OK at the “Your Address Book will be sent to LINE’s server” dialogue.
LINE will add mutual contacts to your Friends list automatically. If only one of you has the other as a contact, the one who has the contact information will be added to the other's Friend Recommendations list, while the recommended person will be added to the other's Friends list.
Your own phone number, and other information obtained from your contacts list/address book (phone numbers and email addresses) will not be disclosed and will be protected as follows:
1. Your contact information will be used only if you agree to the terms & conditions of LINE when signing up. The terms and conditions describe when and how LINE will use your personal information.
2. If you agree to allow LINE to find your friends, the telephone numbers and mobile email addresses in your contacts list/address book will be sent to our servers.
At this time, the required contact information will be encrypted and securely transferred to our server.
3. We use encrypted text when comparing your information with existing user information.
If we find those users, they will appear in the user's [Friends] list under the names registered in the user's phonebook.
Therefore if you have stopped using your number and someone else obtains it, a third party may be registered on your friends' [Friends] list under your name.
Please ensure that your friends do not have you registered under multiple phone numbers/mobile email addresses within their phonebook, and also check that they have not saved you under any details which are out of date such as previous phone numbers.
If you do not want to be automatically added as a friend by someone who has your phone number, please follow the steps below.
Note: These steps will not affect existing friends.
1. Go to More > Settings.
2. Tap Friends.
3. Turn OFF Allow Others to Add.
To open the Settings menu from your smartphone, tap here.
Video tutorial: How to prevent others from adding you with a phone number