If your LINE account is verified with a Japanese phone number, the ID/phone number search feature will be restricted until you verify that you are 18 or over. This is in order to protect minors who are using the service.
LINE uses the age verification services provided by Japanese mobile service providers. You can verify your age if you have a contract with au (KDDI), NTT Docomo, SoftBank, Y!mobile, or LINE Mobile.
In any of the following cases, you will not be able to verify your age and search for friends using their phone number or ID.
• Your contract is with a mobile service provider that cannot be used for age verification.
• Your mobile service contract is under the name of someone under 18 years of age.
• Your mobile service contract is under a company's name.
• You have not registered your user information. (For mobile service providers other than LINE Mobile)
• You have not applied for sp-mode. (For NTT Docomo)
• You cannot configure your mobile service provider's setting for sharing your age. (For mobile service providers other than LINE Mobile)
If you haven't finished registering your user information or configuring the setting for sharing your age, please contact your mobile service provider for assistance.
In the case that you cannot verify your age even though you are 18 or older, have registered your user information, and configured the setting to share your age, contact us via this Inquiry Form
Let us know if we can make it better.