• When you sign up for LINE and select OK at the “Your Address Book will be sent to LINE’s server” prompt.
• When you turn ON Auto-add friends in your settings or tap the refresh icon next to Last auto-add and select OK at the “Your Address Book will be sent to LINE’s server” prompt.
LINE adds mutual contacts in your device's contacts to your friend list automatically. If only one of you has the other added as a contact, the one who has the contact information on their device will be added to the other's Friend recommendations, and the recommended person will be added to the other's friend list.
Your own phone number and phone numbers obtained from your device's contacts will not be disclosed and will be protected as follows:
• Your contact information will be used only if you agree to the terms & conditions of LINE when signing up. The terms and conditions describe when and how LINE will use your personal information.
• If you agree to allow LINE to find your friends, the telephone numbers in your device's contacts will be encrypted and securely sent to our servers.
• We use encrypted text when comparing your information with existing user information.
When you agree to allow LINE to find your friends, the phone numbers in your device's contacts are sent to our servers, where they are encrypted and securely stored.
If we find those users, they will appear in the user's [Friends] list under the names registered in the user's phonebook.
Therefore if you have stopped using your number and someone else obtains it, a third party may be registered on your friends' [Friends] list under your name.
Please ensure that your friends do not have you registered under multiple phone numbers/mobile email addresses within their phonebook, and also check that they have not saved you under any details which are out of date such as previous phone numbers.
If you don't want to be automatically added as a friend by someone who has your phone number, follow the steps below.
Note: These steps will not affect existing friends.
1. Go to the Home tab > Settings.
2. Tap Friends.
3. Turn OFF Allow Others to Add.
Tap here to open the Settings menu from your smartphone.
Note: Tap here to open Settings from your smartphone.