- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Android Lite
Check/change registered information
Email address & password
Check your email address and password
Registering an email address and password
1. Is your registered email address entered correctly?
2. Was the email sent to your spam, junk, or other folders?
3. Do you have spam filters in place such as the one that blocks emails that contain URLs or blocks emails sent from computers? If so, please try disabling them.
4. Do you have settings in place to only receive emails from certain domains? If so, please add “line.me” to your list of accepted domains.
If the issue remains after checking the above, please try tapping Resend verification code to send the email again. If you are still unable to receive the email, you can send us an email from the email address you wish to verify instead using the following steps:
1. Tap Send email.
2. Tap OK in the pop-up.
3. Select the email app that you use for the email address you want to register.
4. Send a blank email. If you are unable to send blank emails, enter LINE in the body.
5. Once verification has been completed, tap OK.
Changing your email address and password
1. Tap More > Settings > Account.
2. Tap Email registration > Change your email.
3. Enter an email address and password, then tap OK.
- If you cannot register your email address, make sure you did not enter any empty spaces.
- If your device is locked with a password or pattern lock, you will be asked to unlock it when you change your email address.
If you forgot your password, please see this Help article.
Linking with Facebook
Changing your phone number
To set an ID, please refer to the following steps:
1. Go to More > Settings.
You can also open this menu by tapping this link from your smartphone.
2. Tap Profile > User ID.
3. Enter the ID you want to use and tap Check.
4. Tap Save if you see the message "This ID can be used."
- LINE IDs cannot be changed or deleted once set. If you see the message "This ID is already in use," please try a different one.
- Publicizing LINE IDs on the internet for the purpose of meeting a person for sexual encounters is prohibited by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
A LINE account is defined as the phone number, name, photo, ID, and other information used on LINE. By deleting your account, all of the aforementioned information will be deleted.
An ID is a key used to identify LINE users. This is not configured by default when you first start using the service. You can configure one by going to More > Settings > Profile.
Important: LINE IDs cannot be changed once configured.
With a LINE ID, users who do not know your phone number can easily find and add you as a friend if you exchange IDs with them. If you do not want other users to find you using your ID, you can turn off Allow Others to Add by ID under Profile in the Settings menu.
Note: Publicizing LINE IDs on the internet for the purpose of meeting a person for sexual encounters is prohibited by our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Creating a new LINE account using your phone number or Facebook account.
- Registering your phone number or Facebook account to an existing LINE account.
2. You have not uninstalled LINE from this device.
3. You have not created a new LINE account on this device.
4. You can connect to the internet on this device (You can connect via Wi-Fi if you are not connected on a mobile network).