After choosing a product from a merchant that accepts LINE Pay (such as LINE STORE), select LINE Pay as the payment method when checking out. Then select the card you wish to use on the LINE Pay payment screen on your device.
- You need to use your smartphone to complete the payment process.
- If you have not set a LINE Pay passcode, you must set one after selecting the payment method.
We plan for the number of merchants where you can use LINE Pay to continue to expand even more in the future. Please understand that the merchants which accept LINE Pay vary by country.
The following credit and debit cards can be registered:
VISA, MasterCard, and JCB
If you've already registered an American Express or Diners card, you can continue using it; however, these cards can no longer be registered as a new card.
Depending on the merchant or country, some card types may not be accepted.
Note: You cannot register a LINE Pay card.
If you are unable to add your card even though you have added all the information correctly, please check the following:
1. Does the card support online payments?
2. Can the card be used overseas?
3. Is the card a corporate card? (Corporate cards can be used on LINE Pay, but there may be restrictions on the type of merchants and online payments that they can be used for.)
If you need further clarification, please contact your card company.
If you receive a notice that says you have reached the maximum number of registration attempts, please see this article.
LINE Pay accepts three types of credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and JCB. You may not be able to use a card depending on the card type, country of issue, or merchant.
• Visa and MasterCard: Accepted by all LINE Pay merchants
• JCB: Accepted by some merchants.
Note: There may be merchants that have restrictions on JCB cards issued from Korea.
We are currently working on a feature that displays only the accepted card types for each merchant.
To ensure the safety of the service, users may try up to five times to register a card every seven days. If you exceed that limit, you will have to wait another seven days after the fifth attempt before you can try adding a card.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
If you're using LINE Pay in Taiwan, please see this page for details.