You can transfer your LINE account to a new device in a snap using an easy transfer QR code.
To transfer your account with an easy transfer QR code, you need to:
• Still be able to log in to your LINE account and have both your previous device and the new device you want to transfer the account to.
• Be using LINE version 12.10.0 or later. You can update the LINE app here
• Have a network connection.
Restoring your chat history
If you're transferring your account to a device with the same OS as before (Android to Android/iPhone to iPhone), your chat history from the last 14 days will automatically be transferred with your account when you use an easy transfer QR code.
To transfer more than the last 14 days of chat history, refer to this Help article
and back up your chat history before transferring your account.
If you're transferring your account to a device with a different OS (Android to iPhone/iPhone to Android), only your chat history from the last 14 days will automatically be transferred with your account when you use an easy transfer QR code.
To transfer your account with an easy transfer QR code:
1. Open LINE on your new device and tap Log in.
2. Tap Log in with QR code > Scan QR code.
Note: If you're asked to allow photo or video access, you need to do so to proceed.
3. Open LINE on your old device and tap Settings > Easy transfer QR code under Backup and transfer.
4. Scan the QR code on your previous device with your new device.
5. On the "Did you just scan this QR code?" pop-up, put a check next to Yes, I scanned the QR code myself and tap Continue.
Note: You may need to verify your identity on your previous device if you had a passcode or unlock method set.
6. On your new device, tap Log in on the Log in as [your profile name] screen.
7. If you backed up your chat history and your new device is using the same OS as before, choose whether or not to restore your chat history.
Note: If your new device is running a different OS than your old one, tap Skip for now.
8. Make sure you're logged in to LINE on your new device. (Once your data has finished syncing, you will automatically be logged out of LINE on your old device.)
Let us know if we can make it better.